This ESL Netflix video lesson plan is based on “The Mind, Explained” docuseries that answers the questions about our brains. What is going on inside my head? How does memory work? Why do I dream?
The show has six episodes: Memory, Dreams, Anxiety, Mindfulness, Psychedelics. Each twenty-minute episode explains the mysteries of our brains in an engaging, fun way, with plenty of real-life examples, graphics, and experts. Students like this format, many of them already know Vox and their videos and each episode is the right length for a video lesson with warm-up questions, vocabulary, and after-video discussion.t
“The Mind, Explained” ESL Netflix Video Lesson (Anxiety) Students’ Worksheet
- What are you afraid of?
- How do you relax when you feel stressed?
- What was the biggest challenge you overcame?
- What are the symptoms of a panic attack?
- When in danger______________________________instinct kicks in. What does it mean and how does the body react?
- What fears and phobias are mentioned in the video?
- According to the video, what did people in the past do to relax?
- How do modern people relax?
Match the words 1-10 to their definitions a-j
- an African wild pig
- someone who has done something wrong
- a typical characteristic or feature of a person or thing
- to press together the features of the face or the muscles of the body
- to have a feeling as if a lot of sharp points are being put quickly and lightly into your body
- extremely thorough and careful
- to become wider or further open
- difficult to see
- to lie or roll around slowly in deep, wet earth, sand, or water
- always being careful to notice things, especially possible danger
Other video lessons: