This is a Halloween themed ESL video lesson. Simone Giertz made a robot which fed her pumpkin soup. Sounds weird? Messy? It definitely is and your students are going to love it.
I don’t usually teach younger students, so I don’t do Halloween lessons much. But I love Simone Giertz and I thought this short, funny video would be great as a video lesson. That is the maximum of Halloween themed lesson I can bear.
And, it was shot almost exactly two years ago, spooky!
It’s a simple, one-page PDF worksheet with warm-up questions, vocabulary matching exercise and discussion questions.
Have fun, and don’t forget to share if you like it. Thanks!
Halloween ESL Video Lesson: Simone Giertz Made a Soup Robot
1. What kind of Youtube videos do you usually watch?
2. Do you have a favorite Youtuber or a channel?
3. Do you need any special skills or education to be a Youtuber?
4. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being a Youtuber?
5. Would you like to be a Youtuber? Why?
feat of bravery
b) financial of physical help
c) curved part of a machine used for picking objects
d) serious or urgent
e) make small changes to get the best results
f) act of great courage
g) mistake in a computer program
h) strange and frightening
i) remove the outer skin from fruit or vegetable
Watch the video and discuss the questions
1. Who sponsored the video? What is Simone going to do with the money she gets?
2. Why does Simone dislike soup? Do you like soup? Can you cook any?
3. According to Simone, what is Halloween about? Do you like Halloween? Why?
4. Why was she saying Hey, Google? What was that about?
5. When is Simone’s birthday? When is yours? What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
6. Would you like to have a robot at home? What would it do?
Other video lessons and resources: