A speaking activity to practice asking questions.
- Explain the activity.
- Emphasis that they can only ask questions, they can’t explain the words or give synonyms.
- Explain that students will get a point for every word that they guess. At the end, the pair with the highest number of points wins .
- Divide the students into pairs.
- Individually consult any unknown vocabulary and encourage students to use dictionaries and look up the words.
- Give students a ten-minute time limit and have them start. After 10 minutes the students swap roles.
- If you want them to work a bit faster, allow only a five-minute time limit.
Download the activity here.
Other pair work activities
ESL Pair Work Activity: Teenager Issues
ESL Speaking Activity: Business English Role Plays
Ridiculous Holiday Complaints: Reading And Speaking(Role-play) ESL Lesson Plan
ESL Communication Activity: Science Role Plays